Ovarian Cysts Community

Another teratoma or pregnant?

Had a dermoid teratoma removed in 2006 from right ovary. But in 2009, I had a brain injury and was in a coma...did not have a period for a year. Since then it has been like clock work. I am 39 and am one week late with sore breast, cramps, bloating and pain where I had the surgery. Have not taken a pregnancy test. I am on Medicare and SS due to my brain injury. The a pain is not horrible but it is on my left side. Any ideas?
HI,
In order to make the diagnosis, you will need to get a pregnancy test as the symptoms strongly suggest the same. Also an ultrasound scan should be done to find out if there is recurrence of cysts. Consult a gynaecologist for an evaluation.
Hope this helps.
Thank you, I am not pregnant. And the pain has been dull for a week until yesterday, I feel as if I am having cramps, but just had a strange period a week late. Now about a week later I have had pain in my groin, cramps and tenderness where I had the first dermoid removed. This is the weirdest thing, today my breasts began to hurt horribly then went away. Now I have extreme pain from my left shoulder blade my ribs and my side.

My family does not seem concerned but I feel I should have gone to the ER 2 weeks ago. I have an appt on 4/19 with my gyno but if this pain persists, should I go to the ER due to a previous teratoma and family history of this odd monsters.

Would love feedback, I am in pain!!!

Thank you