Ovarian Cysts Community

Are you supposed to bleed alot w ovarian cysts?

Hello there,  last month I went to the ER and found out one of my cysts had burst and that I have one in each ovary as well.  I had my period shortly after the visit.  2 days after my period my husband and I had sex and I started bleeding.  Then I think one of my cysts  burst....anyway I've been bleeding for a cpl of weeks.  Dont know what's going on or what to do.  Please help
COMMUNITY LEADER
Cysts can alter our hormones and cause irregular bleeding. Chances are this will resolve on its own. If you continue bleeding, you may become iron deficient. Eating a lot of iron rich foods or taking  iron supplements will help you maintain iron levels. Taking vitamin C supplements or eating foods high in vitamin C along with iron will help you absorb it.

Hope the bleeding resolves soon.
Ty so much:)