Ovarian Cysts Community

Bleeding during mid cycle

Hello...
so today I noticed that i was  bleeding, the thing is that im not on my period. its been the 18th day after the last day of my period. my next period is on July 22. I wiped myself and noticed blood, bright red. as the day progressed i later noticed mucus along with the bleeding. Im not sexually active with my boyfriend. the only thing we have been involved in is oral sex, or hand job. im afraid i may not have cleaned myself well after he ejaculated. i also have no other symptoms. please help.
i know it may sound stupid but im afraid to be pregnant.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Welcome to the community. It sounds like you could not possibly be pregnant. But if you want peace of mind, do a pregnancy test. I would not worry about the spotting at this point as occasional menstrual irregularities are not unusual.
Thank you very much for responding. Today has been the second day since I've been bleeding. It's heavier than yesterday, like if I was on my period. Should I be worried?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Maybe this is your period coming early. It does happen sometimes.