Ovarian Cysts Community

Can I get pregnant after ovary removal?

I had my right ovary removed in December due to a 7cm cyst causing a torsion which in turn cut off the blood supply and it turned necrotic I had emergency surgery to remove it but was assured my left ovary was completely fine. Fast forward 3 weeks post surgery had pains on my left side they found a 3.5cm cyst on my left ovary, they sent me home to keep an eye on it two weeks later pain was worse it had grown to 5.5cm, so I had the cyst removed but was told very little bleeding so shouldn’t have damaged the ovary or killed too many eggs, I seen my first surgeon who is a fertility specialist and she wasn’t happy about the second surgery that she had no involvement and has now put the fear of god in me that I won’t be able to have kids due to this second surgery. Any advice??
COMMUNITY LEADER
Removal of an ovary can impair fertility. Hopefully, the cystectomy on your remaining ovary didn't damage it too much. Does the fertility specialist plan to do a series of hormone tests to check the function of your ovary in a few months or so? Best of luck to you.
Well the people that did the second surgery said there was minimal bleeding so I’m hoping that means little damage. She says she will in a few months to see if she needs to give hormones to help me