Ovarian Cysts Community

Can I wait 2 months for Ovarian Dermoid surgery

On my 52nd birthday (two weeks ago) I had a pelvic ultrasound as part of a check up.  They found what they thought was a dermoid cyst on my right ovary.  Had a follow up MRI which confirmed a 4.5cm dermoid cyst.  One week later I had a CA 125 test which came back normal.  The soonest the doctor can do the surgery is Feb 16th, due to the fact that my insurance requires a signed sterilization form 30 days prior to surgery...so that is 7 weeks away and 2 weeks have already passed. - 9 weeks.  There obviously doesn't seem to be any rush.
I work abroad and am planning to be in Tanzania from Jan 22 to April 15th.  I booked my  surgery to remove both ovaries and tubes for April 20th when I am back in the USA.  My doctor said it was my call.  Anyone have any thoughts.  Will the extra 8 weeks create any problems? (aside from the possible torsion or rupturing)??
COMMUNITY LEADER
That seems a long time to wait but it depends on how fast the cyst grows. What is the reason for not having just the cyst removed versus removing the ovary PLUS the other ovary? Our ovaries are so important even WAY past menopause as they produce hormones into our 80's. I am in surgical menopause since age 50 (now 58) and it has been hellish. I don't have my uterus either which has caused a whole other set of issues.