Can an Ovarian Cyst Rupture cause Infection?

I have bilateral ovarian cysts. They are the hemorrhaging type. They have been causing me a lot of problems and pain to the point where I have missed work and other activities. It's really bothering me. One of them ruptured a week ago and it was pretty painful. I was really tired after, and felt like I had gone through a lot physically. I went to a hospital to get checked out for the blood loss. The said it looked okay and sent me to my doctor. He was concerned because I have a fever and virus like symptoms including nasuea. He took a bunch of cultures for infection, and sent me for the ultrasound. The ultrasound tech only took a few pictures, then stopped. It was strange because she took about thirty pictures last time. This time only external and stopped, then said she would send the report to my doctor. I was very confused. The main reason why i'm writing here is because i'm still sick and it's wearing on my nerves. The pelvic region still hurts, but other areas are now as well and I feel infected like I have a mild flu. I haven't heard back from my doctor, but it was just a few days ago he sent in the tests. I'm just wondering if people have experienced a flu like sickness and actue pain after a rupture? I'm hoping this goes away I cannot seem to get better no matter how good I eat, or what I do. It's getting upsetting. I hope I hear back from my doctor. This is all very confusing as I am not getting any better. Thanks :)
COMMUNITY LEADER
I had a complex cyst but it did not rupture. I've heard that ruptures can cause infection and some (maybe all) of the symptoms you are experiencing. Please keep us posted on what you find out. I hope you get answers and feel better soon!
Thanks. Hope my doctor figures it out. I feel like a walking zombie sometimes. I'll let you know if I get some help. :)

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cysts Community