Ovarian Cysts Community

Caring for Toddler Post Op?

I'm scheduled for laparoscopic surgery to remove 2 cysts. My doctor said that I cannot lift my daughter for 6 weeks. This will be impossible, as my husband can only take a week off and we have no family nearby.

How did you handle caring for your small children that required assistance into car seats, etc?

Also, how soon after surgery were you back to your exercise routine? I practice Yoga almost daily.

COMMUNITY LEADER
It is really important that you follow recovery recommendations so it is concerning to not have any help after a week. So you are allowed to drive but not lift? I did not have young children when I had surgery so do not have any tips.

What type of cysts do you have and how large are they?
Hi- thanks for your reply. 2 cysts that are 5 cm each. She said they a fluid filled cysts.
I can drive, just can't lift anything heavy (like a child).
COMMUNITY LEADER
Do you know how long you've had these cysts? Since they are fluid filled (simple?) it seems like they should resolve on their own over time. That is the case for most cysts anyway. They tend to wait until cysts get to be over 7cm or so in hopes that they will shrink and resolve on their own. Did you try birth control pills to see if that shrinks them?
I've had symptoms for at least a year and a half. I've been on birth control for a few years. I had a cyst rupture a year ago, which was an extremely painful experience.
I've had 2 ultrasounds and they aren't shrinking :( I'd rather not have surgery, but this discomfort is getting to be more than I can tolerate.