Ovarian Cysts Community

Complex Cystic Lesion and Endometrioma

I am 34 years old. I have kids.  I do have a family history of cysts, fibroids, cervical cancer, breast cancer.  
Ultrasound- Aug. 31st, 2015
I kept having irregular periods that would last for two weeks sometimes I would get what seemed to be two periods (light periods) in one month and spotting in between.  Not to mention the bloating, constipation, peeing more frequently, tired, pelvic pain, lower back pain, and at times nausea. I've also gained about 9lbs so far....
Findings were:
Right ovarian complex
cystic lesion 5 x 5.9 x 3.8 cm and two Left ovarian focal lesions 4 x
3.2 x 2.6 and 2.8 x 2.4 x 1.7 cm.

MRI-Sept. 15th 2015:
Right ovary: There is a 5.3 x 4.3 x 4.8 cm high T1 signal right
ovarian lesion which does not lose signal with fat suppression
sequence, but does become lower signal on T2-weighted imaging
compatible with an endometrioma. A few additional smaller high T2
signal cysts compatible with follicles ranging from 0.6-1.6 cm in size
at the periphery of the right ovary are identified.

Left ovary: Overall size approximately 5 cm AP oblique x 2.6 cm
transverse x 4 cm craniocaudal dimension with numerous septations.
There is a bilobed or septated 3.8 x 2.7 x 4 cm area with slightly
increased T1 signal. This could be two adjacent cysts or a septated
cyst.
I do have an appt. to go over the MRI results on Monday.  I don't think being put on birthcontrol will shrink all these cysts or make them completely go away.  I know if I have to have any surgery I read to have an Gynecological- Oncologist perform the surgery.  
I have no idea if this could be cancer or turn into cancer, I'm just waiting for my next appt. and go from there.  

Any advice from women with a similar situation would be great or what I should ask my gynecologist!!!  Thanks.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Welcome to the community. I am sorry you are going through this. Do you possibly have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) which is associated with benign cystic ovaries?  

If you do not have a family history of ovarian cancer, then your risk would be less than 2%. Since the ovaries produce hormones our whole lives that are critical for every aspect of health, it is best to have a surgeon who can remove just the cysts (cystectomy) IF they need to be removed. Removal of any part of the "reproductive" system (uterus, one ovary, fallopian tubes) can permanently disrupt normal hormone production causing a whole cascade of health issues.

My organs were unnecessarily removed 9 years ago when I was 49 and I am shocked how fast I aged (inside and out). And the problems just keep on coming! Check out http://ovaryresearch.com/ovarian_cysts.htm.

Let us know what you find out tomorrow.
No, my doctor or any doctors has ever mentioned (PCOS) to me so I'm assuming I don't have that.  I can certainly bring that to my gynecologist today and see what he thinks.   I do have my appt. today to go over my results from my MRI.  Hopefully I don't have to have any kind of surgeries and maybe I can just be put back on Birthcontrol.http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Ovarian-Cysts/Complex-Cystic-Lesion-and-Endometrioma/show/2744724#
Thank you for your response...I will check out the link you posted.  I'm sorry that you keep going through problems....There has got to be a better alternative solution for all women going through something similar.
COMMUNITY LEADER
How did your appointment go?