Ovarian Cysts Community

Functional Cysts on Depo-Provera?

Before getting into other things, I have a very simple question: can a person get functional/physiological ovarian cysts when they are on Depo-Provera and have been on it for years?
You shouldn't get a functional cyst on Depo because functional cysts happen as part of the ovulating process and you should't be ovulating. However, I'm sure it could happen, just like pregnancy can happen on depo, but the chances are pretty low.

I had a very large cyst grow while on depo, but mine was not a functional one.