Aa
A
A
Close

Getting a 5.2 cm complex cyst removed next week

I've been reading this blog ever since I found out I have a 5.2 cm cyst on my right ovary. It's been extremely helpful. In June I woke up to find 3 giant ball spots at the top of my hair. I immediately made an appointment with my dermatologist who took one look and diagnose me with alopecia. She had no answers for me as to why I developed it. There is no family history of alopecia. She suggested I go to my GP and have blood work done. The following day I did that and shortly after received results that all suggested everything was normal. But I was left with this uneasy feeling that it was something else. Around the same time I started noticing that my periods were coming every 3 weeks so I finally decided to go to my OBGYN. He sent me for an ultrasound at the beginning of October and they found that I had this 5.2 centimeter cyst on my right ovary. I went back a month later and it was still there hadn't change in size so I'm scheduled to have it removed next week. Much like some of the other women I have also to been experiencing frequent urination, stomach pain, lower back pain, extreme breast pain, headaches and acne. My period now has been MIA since September and I'm not pregnant. I also gained an unexplained 20 lbs in the last year. I haven't  been unable to lose any weight. I'm hoping this surgery to remove the cyst (not my ovary) is the answer to all my issues. Last year in September I had a sling put in because my bladder had fallen and while they were in there they did a posterior and anterior repair. I don't think the two are related but this is been a pretty painful 14 months for me. Wish me luck I'll post next week after my surgey.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
We had our surgeries around the same time. I had mine nov 22, 2017! So cool
Comment
Cancel
Comment
the truth is that , after operation some ovarian cysts  still grow back again  . be caurageuse
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
Top Women's Health Answerers
Blank
363281 tn?1353103243
Blank
Nelson, New Zealand