Ovarian Cysts Community

Had chlamydia and ovarian cyst.

Hi Ladies!

Lately I’ve been having severe pains in my lower abdomen and my back. It’s spreading all over my thighs down to my legs. I thought it was nothing serious until midnight Sept 30 I was really in pain and decided to go to the hospital. We came 12:30 am and did urine&blood test, ultrasound and more. When the results came out, a cyst was noted on my left ovary, so I was referred to a gynecologist by my physician. The gynecologist reviewed my test results, scheduled me for laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy that same day. I honestly didn’t know what to feel and say that time. I was asleep from then on until I woke up in my hospital bed.

Biopsy went out and it was normal. The cyst was benign.

After a week, I noticed a lot of yellow vaginal discharge. It wasnt normal so I went to a nearby clinic for a vaginal swab. After a week, October 14, 2017, results came out and the doctor said I had chlamydia. I was given antibiotics at once. And though I still have some vaginal discharge, it lessen.

i'm just so scared about what's gonna happen to me next. Especially about fertility. Ladies have the same experience as me? I'm so sad and depressed. Any words :(

COMMUNITY LEADER
Did the surgeon who did your cystectomy tell you if he saw any other problems besides the ovarian cyst? If he didn't give you any information, you may want to follow up with him/her and possibly get a copy of your medical records. If nothing unusual was seen during surgery then there may not be any damage from the chlamydia.