Aa
A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cysts Community
6.07k Members

Has anyone had success with Lupron shrinking cyst so surgery not necessary?

Has anyone been treated with Lupron and it successfully shrank a cyst so that surgery was not necessary?  I am on month 4 of lupron, my doc is hoping surgery won't be necessary if the lupron shrinks the cyst. I haven't had any cyst pain the past 6 weeks or so, so my hope is that is is shrinking. I had my right ovary and a cyst removed 6 months ago and don't want to go through another surgery on the left side and risk losing my left ovary!  Hoping cyst will go away! THANKS FOR ALL FEEDBACK!!
1 Responses
Hi there.  I had a 6 cm endometrioma and adhesions from endometriosis and two years ago, I had a laparotomy (C-section surgery) and then I was given the 3-month Lupron shot, and thank God, there is no sign of any cyst or any adhesions from endometriosis, and I am ttc.  For me the surgery plus the Lupron helped me out, and as far as I know, they opererate cysts that are 5 or more centimeters. But if you are pain free and it is actually shrinking, it may be possible.  The only thing is to do TVU to get checked.  In any case, in this forum there are a lot of ladies who have been through so much who could be of a lot of help.  If you have any other questions or doubts, talk to your doctor or if I can be of any help, let me know.

Best wishes,

Neta
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.