Ovarian Cysts Community

History of ovarian cysts, oophrectomy now no period.

I'm a newly turned 30 yr old with a history of a football-sized ovarian cyst that caused me to have a unilateral oophorectomy.  I was then put on birth control which made my liver go into failure (that was a fun year).  A few years later I got a 6cm cyst on my remaining ovary that hung around for about 6 months (I was put on strict orders for no gym, running, heavy lifting, etc etc), it finally went away then came back the next month and hung around for another 2 or 3.  My periods were regular throughout this entire time.  I was then put on a low-dose progesterone-only pill that seems to have worked well. for about a year.  Fast forward, my boss retired after almost a decade of working for him, I got a new job but lost my insurance and won't have it for another two months.  I've now not had a period in 2.5 months and am starting to feel that pinchy feeling on my side again (even though I'm on lo loestrin).  I'm just trying to get some insight as to what may be going on.  Stress?  Scar tissue?  Should I reconcile myself to the fact that my ovary may have just died?  Any insight would be great as my doctor is unfortunately not an option for another two months.  (Sorry for the novel)
COMMUNITY LEADER
Some forms of birth control pills suppress menstruation in some women. But stress can also disrupt the menstrual cycle. And so can ovarian cysts. Since you just started having symptoms, I would not get too worried at this point but if they get more worrisome or you are in a lot of pain, you will want to see a medical professional. Also, if you do end up having a cyst and it needs to be removed, find a surgeon who does a lot of cystectomies so that you can keep your ovary and its vital hormones (needed your whole life not just for reproduction). Hopefully, it will not come to that!