Ovarian Cysts Community

How long did it take you to recovery from your ovarian cyst removal surgery?

Just wondering how long it took different people to bounce back and feel *normal* again after having their ovarian cyst removed. Thank you so much for helping me!
Hi. I had an op to remove Dermoid Cysts & during surgery part of the right ovary too was required on 18 May ( 6 weeks ago). Still in pain & now wondering how long it will be too until I feel normal again. Following recent Ultasound I am now on antibiotics for suspected infection.
Hi - I had surgery this March to remove a 7 cm cyst.  I was feeling well after about four weeks.   The first two weeks were the worst - I was extremely tired all of the time.  Hope this helps!
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you might have an infection, is that common after these types of procedures?
Thank you for replying! It certainly does help and i;m glad you're doing well.
Hi. Not sure if it is common to have an infection afterwards; the consultant came to that conclusion fairly early in the consultation. However nothing showed later on the Ultrasound. What I have experienced this last few days is the easing of the pains following my first period, post op. So, I am hoping things will start to feel normal &I I can walk for periods without having to take painkiller. I am now carrying a small pillow to help tenderness in certain chairs. I am very much better now than I have been (my op was 6 weeks ago today). Hope this helps others.