Ovarian Cysts Community

How long is recovery from Laparoscopic surgery?

WOW!.....I've read all the posts up to 'last year' then I realized that it might just be easier to 'ask this' then to search for it....i'm one of those gals that 'wants to know NOW', sorry.  
My surgery is an 'outpatient' one at a local hospital, they said i'd be home by late afternoon at the latest (providing there's no 'issues') but i'd be 'out of pocket/recovering' for at least 3-4 days....NOT WEEKS....are they wrong with that diagnosis?  I really need to know, i'm the only one that works here in my office (it's a company that has two venues) and I do 'everything' and there's NO replacement or stand in.  I'm not even sure how my boss is going to handle this news, but HEY, it's my health and it comes first!  Please advise ASAP!
P.S. I really liked the idea of 'pre-making & freezing' meals, this way I don't have to rely on hubby for that.  As for the 'constriction' after surger....been there done that with my hip surgeries and there's no way I want to go through that 'feeling & situation' again....YUKKO, I think i'll research the bran muffins and 'fiber' supplements this week.  You ladies are great, i'm so happy I found this site!!
i am going into surgery for second time in 6 mnths... my last surgery i had a 18cm cyst removed had few erruptars n alot of dis comfort... and my cyst grew back and they said probably be taking out my ovary left one, i am scared. and the pain after being pumped up is really hard to deal with what can i do make it easier on my body!?
I just had laproscopic surgery. Still in recovery. Ovarian cystectomy. I was told 3-4 days also. I went in on wednesday afternoon, has a small complicatin with bleeding, so didnt leave the hospital until early evening.  I was off work thursday and friday. Saturday I was still dizzy, and spent most of the day resting. it is now tuesday. I am at work, and thankfully it is a desk position. I dont need to move around much. Surgery "pain" lasts for approx 4 days. Now I am just sore. My belly button incision is really sore to the touch, but healing pretty well. I think it also helps that i had a lot of help around the house. You really need help, as you cant lift, bend over, get out of bed on your own for the first couple days.
Boy, It feels good to know I'm not alone.  I had my surgery on the 21st and had a 16cm cyst drained and removed that had 1 liter of fluid in it.  I kept thinking, am I being a baby??  This pain just isn't going away and I just don't feel like me yet.  It helps to know that I'm not alone and I can see that all of you are out there with me.
I had a hysterectomy in June that left me with such severe adhesions that I had to have laparoscopic surgery to remove the adhesions, as well as my ovaries and tubes.  Three weeks after the 2nd surgery I am still nowhere near full recovery.  I also developed a post op infection and am just finishing a 17 day course of antibiotics.  This is a far cry from the 1-2 week recovery that my doctor predicted.  Has anyone else had this experience?
Gosh Girls! I am so happy to NOT be ALONE on this!

I have been struggling with rapid weight gain and pain in my abdomen for 2 years...never realizing what it was. I had my daughter in Dec 2007 and doctors checked for cysts, found a few, but let them go. I was back to yearly routine visit and in 2009, cysts were a little larger then he let them go...again finding abnormal periods, more weight gain, tons of abnormal hormonal bloodwork. They had me on birth control, nothing worked. I ended up getting a new doctor because mine were completely worthless to my health and upon my FIRST visit he felt a cyst in my abdomen just by pressing on my waist. I had an ultrasound done and it was indeed a 4 inch by 3 inch by 2 inch follicular ovarian cyst on my left ovary. Well THIS EXPLAINS ALOT, I thought! He scheduled my surgery and I went in (outpatient)....He removed this large beast and to find another one BEHIND IT!!!!!! It was on my fallopian tube and that it was called "paratubular cyst". He removed that one cutting into my ovary a bit and caused bleeding. About 3.5 hours later I was awake and felt very very nauseous and was running a fever. They monitored me, I was stable, sent home.

At home I felt crappy, ended up going back to the ER on my 3rd night of recovery with a very high fever and chills. Turns out I got an infection @ my laparoscopy site and they fueled me with antibiotics. Gave me a script for the pills and sent me home to recover ..... again.......

About 2 days later, I woke up, peed blood, fever again......Went back to ER - UTI infection now! (God help me) I lay there, sore from surgery, that carbon dioxide gas from surgery is literally cutting into my neck and arms at this point just like totally feeling like a massive heart attack! LOL Seriously it's horrible!

Anyways, I ended up being admitted to be monitored 2 days and had another ton of IV antibiotics fueld through me again!!!!

It is now days later , finally, I am stable, healthy feeling, and at home.

Ovarian cysts seriously are nothing to wait on. I obviously had these in me for almost 3 years now and this is CLEARLY the bad "bacteria" in my blood and body that was causing my severe acne, weight gain, mood swings, bad periods...everything.

I am hoping my face clears up and I can easily lose weight now.

I cannot wait to have blood work (endocrinology-hormone wise) done again to see if I am actually normal.

I hope my comment helps someone because if you had any symptoms I had, call your doctor! Do not wait! It is better to be safe than sorry!

I had my daughter @ 190 lbs in Dec 2007 ---literally about 4 months later I was up to 243 lbs and I had no idea why. I never changed the way I ate or exercised so it was odd. I just figured "oh well it's being a mommy". I was totally unhappy.

I got myself SLOWLY and I mean SLOW--down to 232.

It took me almost 2 years to get to 232. Pretty sad I know...but I worked harder than I ever did in my life! I used to watch what I ate and run or walk and lose like 10 lbs in 2 weeks before all this ovarian cyst crap!

Anyways - I am now 232 again (still...days after surgery) hopefully in a few months , watching, waiting, if I return to 190 then it is no myth that ovarian cysts cause weight gain.

Has anyone else had acne or weight gain due to these buggers?!?!

I am 25 years old...if that helps -

I too had a large cyst removed in November 2010.  I was out of work for three weeks.  I had been in severe pain for 15 hours prior to emergency surgery.  The cyst, right ovary and fallopian tube were removed laproscopically, going through the belly button and two incisions on the left and right side of my abdomen.  CO2 had been used and I've got to tell you that was the most awful pain I experienced.  My doctor informed me exactly where I was going to feel the awful pain and she was right on.  That pain lasted me for approximately one week.  I was going to go back to work after two weeks being home, however my doc suggested taking one more week due to the severity and I listened to her.  I have to say that I was glad I took her advice as I felt much better after three weeks.  I still couldn't do strenuous things or dance, but felt much better.  I have to mention that my symptoms prior to finding out I had a cyst were very like flu-like symptoms.  I was very tired and nauseous.  However I had one symptom of when I walked I always had some pain in my groin area where you would probably think you pulled a muscle.  The night I began to experience severe abdominal pain that was just not giving up and then I began to vomit was when I figured I had to go to the ER.  All I can say is most of us know our bodies and how they feel. Don't discount any type of symptoms.  I am actually feeling some of the same symptoms again and will be getting my left ovary checked as I did have cysts, but they were not large.  Cysts are normal to have and they usually go away on their own, however I will not discount my present symptoms and have it checked once again.  So back to the question of how long is recovery........it depends on the severity and person.