Ovarian Cysts Community

How long will I be out of school after laproscopic surgery?

So I'm 17 and have an ovarian cyst and they think I have endometriosis. They want to do laparoscopic surgery because after three months the cyst isn't going anywhere and they want to make sure they treat the endometriosis if it's there. Many women in my family have had the laparoscopic surgery and two of them were up and about that day but my bother was in bed all week. What can I expect and how long should I be out of school? (This is also my first surgery so I'm petrified)
COMMUNITY LEADER
How big is your cyst? Sometimes they take more than 3 months to go away. Is pelvic pain the reason they suspect endometriosis (endo)? I assume you know there is no cure so even if you have surgery, it will likely give you only some temporary relief. As far as the post-op recovery period, I cannot answer that as I have no personal experience. It does seem somewhat individual by surgeon and patient. And some surgeons are more optimistic than others as far as risks and recovery.
I went back to school a week after my surgery. You likely won't be in much pain, but will be very sore and quite weak.
There are a lot of good videos on youtube of people documenting their recovery, check that out for a better description :)