Ovarian Cysts Community

I have a painful bump near my vagina and have no clue what it could be, any ideas?

So I’m 18 years old, and have had this bump near my vagina for a while now, i can’t remember when it came. It’s like right in line with my clit, but on the outside of my vagina, so basically where i shave. There is no head to it, and it isn’t all that noticeable; it only looks a little swollen and maybe a little more red than every where else. It is painful to touch and feel it, some days it’s worse than others - like i can feel it while sitting ornif my underwear hits it wrong, or even walking a little. It has never gone away and come back it’s been very persistent, although some days are more painful than others. It hurts very bad when i squeeze it, although i’m not squeezing to try and get rid of it, im just trying to feel it and understand what it is more. I don’t know why it’s there or what caused it and i don’t know what it even is. I also haven’t found anything to try and help it feel better, it won’t go away at all!! Any ideas on what this could be or what to do about it??
COMMUNITY LEADER
It may be a cyst.