Ovarian Cysts Community

Laparoscopic IUD removal

So, I've been reading this list and am wondering if anyone has had to have a laparoscopic IUD removal?  I had an IUD put in around 10 years ago, got pregnant 2 years later and was told I expelled the IUD.  Normal, uncomplicated 4th pregnancy.  Healthy baby, happy family...fast forward to 7 years post pregnancy, some pain near tailbone after a hard workout one day.  After 3 weeks of pain near the tailbone I go to the doctor and an x-ray reveals my missing IUD, not in my uterus.  Ultrasound and CT scan put it somewhere in my left pelvic region, behind my uterus.  The scan also revealed a small cyst and my appendix looks "slightly inflamed".   I am told it should be an easy IUD removal with minimal recovery time, if the cyst is still present they will remove it since they are in there and will have a general surgeon on stand by to look at the appendix and remove it if necessary.  The surgery part doesn't bother me since I will be asleep, but I am a bit worried about the recovery as I have 4 kids who need driving around, meals and the general Mom stuff.  
Thanks for any input.
Laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive surgery and the post- operative recovery is usually swift. If all goes well the recovery time should not be much. Hence rest assured and have a word with your Doctors.
Hope this helps.