Mystery pain, could it be a cyst?

I’ve had this pain in my RLQ on and off for years, with two episodes of severe pain that sent me to the doctor.
It's a stabbing, cramping sensation that usually is dull and goes away after a few minutes. On the two occasions where it’s been severe it’s lasted days, where I’m curled up and can hardly stand.
I’ve seen GPs and OBGYNs and they haven’t found anything, with CTs, ultrasounds, urinalysis, etc.
There’s never been blood, so it couldn’t be a burst cyst, right?
Appendicitis has been ruled out as well.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Has your gallbladder been checked?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oops - didn't answer your question as to whether it could be a "burst cyst." That's a possibility. I'm not sure if they can tell for sure on imaging if you had a burst cyst. If it was a large cyst, it seems they'd see some fluid in the pelvis but this may not be discernible for small cysts.
My gallbladder has not been checked, no.
Would a small cyst still be that painful?
I had a cyst but mine did not rupture so don't know from personal experience. However, some women have said that when they had a ruptured cyst it was pretty painful.

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cysts Community