Ovarian Cysts Community

Need help confirming CT results

Hi, I am new here. I am 35yr, a mother of a 7yr old. My sincere apologies for going to write a lengthy post. Hope, some of you would not mind helping me. 3weeks back, I was asked for a pat down at the airport on a business travel. This happened, both times for the same reason. The scanner detected something weird on my right lower abdomen. I did have pain in my lower abdomen. Around 2 weeks back, I went my GP to get it checked as the pain increased. She did ultrasound, suspected to be appendix. The US showed appendix visible, nabothian cyst in utetus , mild pelvic fluid, equivocal finding for appendix. My GP ordered CT to confirm appendix. She told mild pelvic fluid could be due to appendicitis. I did my CT yesterday, a week after US. The report says  normal appendix, moderately high pelvic fluid, adnexal cystic structure, ovaries not discretely visible due to fluid surrounding. When I googled, it all gives me sweats on possible cancer. I have lost every single family member on my maternal side, including mom few months back to the decease :(. I am very scared, have very little emotional support from my husband, he calls me paranoid when comes to cancer. I feel tired all the time, been going to bathroom very frequently,  almost 4 times during night sleep. It may or may not cancer, but symptoms are very similar. I have pain which rediates to my inner thighs from ovaries on walking. I have gained 10lbs over 3 weeks. Plz help.thank you so much for your time.  
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm sorry for all the relatives you've lost to cancer. Do you have a copy of the CT scan report. If so, it should give more information on the size and traits of the "adnexal cystic structure" that may give better insight. Feel free to post it here if you'd like my input.
Thank you so much for replying. Here is the report.

Impression
IMPRESSION:

1. Moderate pelvic free fluid. Though greater than typically seen, this could be related to a physiologic process. Recommend clinical correlation to exclude pelvic inflammatory disease. Patient had a negative pregnancy test on 7/30/2018.
2. Left adnexal cystic structure with peripheral enhancement may represent a corpus luteum though the ovaries are not discretely visualized due to background free fluid. Cannot exclude a small abscess if there are clinical signs/symptoms to support pelvic inflammatory disease though the overall morphology does not favor this. Consider repeat pelvic ultrasound versus pelvic MRI.
3. Normal appendix.
PROCEDURE COMMENTS: CT of the abdomen and pelvis was performed following administration of 120 mL IV contrast. Oral contrast was not administered prior to the examination.

Dose information: Based on a 32 cm phantom, the estimated radiation dose (CTDIvol [mGy]) for each series in this exam is 8. The estimated cumulative dose (DLP [mGy-cm]) is 426.

FINDINGS:

Lower thorax: Normal.

Liver and biliary tree: Normal.

Gallbladder: Surgically absent.

Spleen: Normal.

Pancreas: Normal.

Adrenal glands: Normal.

Kidneys and ureters: Normal.

Gastrointestinal tract: Appendix is normal in caliber without evidence of appendicitis. No evidence for bowel obstruction.

Peritoneal cavity: Moderate free fluid is present in the pelvis.

Bladder: Decompressed, limiting evaluation.

Uterus: Normal.

Ovaries: A low-attenuation lesion with a thin peripheral rim of enhancement in the left adnexa. Neither ovary is discretely visualized.

Vasculature: Patent.

Lymph nodes: Normal.

Abdominal wall: Normal.

Musculoskeletal: Normal.

There is no component information for this result.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Nothing stands out as concerning. Of course a corpus luteum cyst is a normal part of the menstrual cycle.