Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1712371 tn?1308405538

Ovarian Removal Surgery

I am having laproscopic surgery (hopefully will remain that throughout) next Tuesday.  I read all the posts from previous years. Doesn't seem to be anything current. I am just wondering will I really be down as long as they say? What can I expect after leaving the surgery center? How long are you in recovery before you go home? Are the stitches covered? Can you get a shower? My doctor really didn't explain anything.  He only scheduled the surgery and thats the next time I will be able to ask. I just want to be prepared. Any help is appreciated.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1712371 tn?1308405538
Sorry. I could have mentioned my cyst is 8cm and they are taking my right ovary and fallopian tube along with the cyst.  What are the chances they will have to do a full incision?
Helpful - 0
1720730 tn?1309294631
hi i had a full incision and also had my right ovary and fallopian tube taken out and i am only 15 i wish you the best of luck
Helpful - 0
I had a large ovarian cyst removed in march. Not laproscpic full incision because of adhesions the cyst had attached to uterus. Anyway, my surgery went well. I was in the hospital for 24 hours. I had a catheter for about 14hours after surgery. After they took it out I could use the bathroom on my own. Just needed assistance to shuffle over to it so I did not fall down because of the pain medicine I was on and residual anesthesia, stitches hurt for about 4days but easily managed with alternating ibuprofen with acetomeniphen. I did not like the prescription pain killers. My stitches wf
Here out in 7days and I was driving then too only because I was not on heavy pain medicine. You can't operate a car on those. I was back behind my desk at work on day 8. The incision hurt when I laughed or sneezed for about a week. You will do a bowel prep the day before surgery and you can't eat until your out of surgery ( probably the next morning. 3 months later and my periods are so much lighter and less painful. The surgery was a big relief even though I have a big scare. But I will deal with that. Best of luck to you. I hoped this helped
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cysts Community

Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.