Ovarian Cysts Community

Ovarian cysts

I had an ultrasound done yesterday. I am 2 months late on my period and have had lower abdominal pain and low back pain for the past few days. They found several cysts on both ovaries and said the lining of my uterus was thick.  I am 46 years old.   Could this be peri-menopause?
HI,
Ovarian cysts often are oestrogen producing and this leads to thickening of the lining of the uterus also known as endometrial hyperplasia. Mostly this is hormonal dependant. However at the age of 46 years it is necessary to rule out cancer. Hence a hysteroscopy and D&C should be done. Progestins will help with the problem. These are not features of peri-menopause.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.