Aa
A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cysts Community
6.09k Members

Ovary cyst help!

Hi I have just been diagnosed with a Haemorrhagic ovarian cyst? Last May 2014 I had my first ultra sound scan and was told there was a small follicle on my left ovary. Everything was fine until the December 2014 when on Christmas eve I was in so much pain I couldn't even move. I  rang my doctors straight away who gave me pain killers and asked me to wait until my next ultra sound which was today? 27th Jan 15. They told me that the follicle has grown and is Haemorrhagic ovarian cyst. I am so worried :( I asked her what happens next and she said she will contact my GP with the photos... She also said it all depends on how I can handle the pain? and having the cyst removed might be the case? I have just turned 24 years old last October and I have been actively trying with my partner of 3 years for a baby? I came off all contraception last year in January 2014 and it has been a year and nothing has happened? Will the cyst of coursed problems with my fertility?!and is the reason I haven't been pregnant?  I am so worried about surgery too :( please someone give me some advice x I have also been experiencing night sweats and massive moods swings :(
1 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sorry you are dealing with this. Hemorrhagic cysts are benign (non-cancerous) and usually go away on their own. If the cyst is leaking or ruptures, it can be very painful. If the cyst is not too large, the typical plan is to monitor it via periodic ultrasounds. Hopefully, your doctor will give you something for the pain.

You do not want to have surgery if it is not necessary. For one, doctors without good cystectomy (cyst removal) skills may have to remove the ovary which can have the effect of reducing fertility and also negatively affect long-term health (since ovarian hormones are essential our whole lives for every aspect of health). Also, surgery has its own risks and can also cause scar tissue which can damage the ovary and cause other issues.

Hope this cyst goes away soon and you can get back to normal.
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.