Pain on scar 7 weeks post op

Hello ladies.  As the title suggests I am 7 weeks post laparoscopy and I woke this morning with my scar stinging and the surrounding area feeling bruised and tender.  The scar (about an inch and a half long) is completely healed so it can't be an infection.

Has anyone else had this or do you think I should see my doctor?  Many thanks.

Sally
It would not hurt for you to go in just to get it checked out, better safe than sorry.

I still have pain from a laparotomy done back in Feb for a tumor that was removed along with my left ovary that had a complex cyst on it.

It could be adhesions/scar tissue, but just get it checked out. When I went in they basically said take Aleve for the pain, but they did want to make sure it was not a hernia that had developed.
sals3105,
May be while sleeping you had scratched  area or stretched your abdomen area.
Also keep in mind that when the doctors cut you for surgery they are severing nerves.  As they start to regenerate you will begin to feel pain that you currently weren't experiencing since the impulse couldn't travel to your brain.  Good luck!
Thanks ladies.  It doesn't feel as bad today si I think I'll wait and see.

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cysts Community