Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pain on scar 7 weeks post op

Hello ladies.  As the title suggests I am 7 weeks post laparoscopy and I woke this morning with my scar stinging and the surrounding area feeling bruised and tender.  The scar (about an inch and a half long) is completely healed so it can't be an infection.

Has anyone else had this or do you think I should see my doctor?  Many thanks.

Sally
4 Responses
It would not hurt for you to go in just to get it checked out, better safe than sorry.

I still have pain from a laparotomy done back in Feb for a tumor that was removed along with my left ovary that had a complex cyst on it.

It could be adhesions/scar tissue, but just get it checked out. When I went in they basically said take Aleve for the pain, but they did want to make sure it was not a hernia that had developed.
sals3105,
May be while sleeping you had scratched  area or stretched your abdomen area.
940963 tn?1245946356
Also keep in mind that when the doctors cut you for surgery they are severing nerves.  As they start to regenerate you will begin to feel pain that you currently weren't experiencing since the impulse couldn't travel to your brain.  Good luck!
Thanks ladies.  It doesn't feel as bad today si I think I'll wait and see.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cysts Community

Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.