A
A
Close
Ovarian Cysts Community
6.06k Members
1257492 tn?1269998282

Pain

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone else still have pain in the area where the ovary was removed?  It aches like the ovary is still there, maybe my brain has not recieved the memo that the ovary is gone.
4 Responses
225036 tn?1294513000
That is normal.  More than likely it is your nerve endings healing on the inside.  It seems to take our insides a lot longer to heal than it does the outside.  Also, your body went through a major trauma losing a vital organ.  It may take a few cycles for your brain to realize that the ovary is gone and for the other ovary to take over.  When is your post-op appointment?  It never hurts to let your doctor know what is going on.  You aren't running a fever are you?  If you start to run a fever, call your doctor as soon as possible to make sure everything is ok.  Hope you get feeling better soon!!
This is completly normal. I am 3 months out from surgery and I still have some pain. I have to watch it so as I do not over do it, as if I do something like clean, it starts to hurt. It gets better though with time. You just went through major surgery and I would expect to feel complety better in about 6 months.
1308521 tn?1324054109
I am having a same problem 3 weeks after my right ovary was removed laparoscopically. It seems to hurt the same as before it was removed (I had a big endometrioma cyct on it that also got attached to my uterus). I started doing acupuncture to see if it will help with pain as drugs really do not help. Heating pad seems to help. Hopefully time will heal our wounds :-) When was your surgery?
1257492 tn?1269998282
No, I dont have any other symptoms, just the dull aching pain.  I'm glad to know it is normal.  Thanks ladies!
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.