Ovarian Cysts Community

Perimenopausal cyst??

I was diagoned today with 3.5 cm cyst in bot ovaries ,said they were hemorrhagic .I am 47 ,and have all symptoms of perimenopause ,with bloating at times .No pain ,but disrupted menses .what is the next step in this ,have to wait for 10 days for GPs appointment .
Thanks.
   Just hang in there until you see your Dr. . There isn't a whole lot we can tell you, except to try not to worry.. Cysts are common and 95% benign.. I wonder though, will you be seeing a GP or a Gynecologist? A Gyn. is really a better choice since they specialize in womens' health issues.

How were your cysts diagnosed? Did you have an Ultrasound? Sorry I sound like I'm hitting you with a lot of questions but the more we know, the better we're able to help you feel a little better. .. Please try not to worry and let us know .. Also, you might like to check the top right of this page "Health Pages".. It has a lot of information about cysts.
Good luck and keep us posted
Sandy
Thanks sandymac ,yes I was diagnosed using a ultrasound and vaginal ultrasound as well ,They will first send me to GP as she had referred and then maybe she will send me to the Gynac.
Just let us know and really push for the Gyn...

Take care,
Sandy