Ovarian Cysts Community

Post-Polycystic Pain?

My fiance has had poly cysts in the past, but they have been dissolved by birth control. Now, she's experiencing a pain in her left ovary, but it's different than that of the poly cysts. She describes it as a rather sharp pain, followed by a more dull, numbing pain that lingers for a little while. We have been told by her gynecologist himself that the poly cysts are dissolved, so it's extremely unlikely they're making any form of impact on this other than some pain that perhaps lied dormant until now. If anyone can offer some advice towards this concern, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Ovarian cysts can cause pain if it becomes large, Bleeds, breaks open, interferes with the blood supply to the ovary, is bumped during sexual intercourse or is twisted or causes twisting (torsion) of the Fallopian tube.
Your fiancé needs to get the cysts re evaluated by getting an ultrasound done. Also then other abdominal causes of this pain will be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.