Aa
A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cysts Community
6.06k Members

Recently diagnosed with ovarian cyst

I am 40 years old and was recently diagnosed with an ovarian cyst.  I wanted to know if anyone has the same symptoms that I have.

I went to the doctor in March because I had not had a period for 3 months.  
She ordered an ultrasound and found a 4cm cyst on my right ovary and prescribed a 10-day supply of Prometrium to jump start my period and wanted to do a follow-up ultrasound in 3 months.
I did have a period at the end of March that lasted aprox. 7 days.
Then I did not have another period until mid June which has still not stopped and I am on day 15.  The period has not been normal for.... a lot of light and then heavy flow, and a lot of clots.  Also, quite a bit of bright red blood.
I had my follow-up ultrasound on Friday and the technician said that she could still see "a little something".  
I have my follow up appointment with my doctor on Thursday to discuss.

The symptoms that I have had are:
Pain (mostly dull, sometime sharp) on the right side and ocassionally on the left side
Bloating
Tiredness (some times extreme fatigue)
Some heartburn
Some diarhea

I also mid year last year started having high blood pressure that I am not sure if it is related.  I stopped taking birth control pills at that time.

Also, I have had some blood work where my FSH was very low.

Anyone have a similar situation?

Thanks.
Theresa
1 Responses
483733 tn?1326802046
I have seen where some of our women have the odd periods.  Your other symptoms are all typical of ovarian cysts.  Your FSH is likely contributing to the period issues.  Glad you are heading to the doctor.  Please let us know your next steps.
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.