Ovarian Cysts Community

Recently diagnosed with ovarian cyst

I am 40 years old and was recently diagnosed with an ovarian cyst.  I wanted to know if anyone has the same symptoms that I have.

I went to the doctor in March because I had not had a period for 3 months.  
She ordered an ultrasound and found a 4cm cyst on my right ovary and prescribed a 10-day supply of Prometrium to jump start my period and wanted to do a follow-up ultrasound in 3 months.
I did have a period at the end of March that lasted aprox. 7 days.
Then I did not have another period until mid June which has still not stopped and I am on day 15.  The period has not been normal for.... a lot of light and then heavy flow, and a lot of clots.  Also, quite a bit of bright red blood.
I had my follow-up ultrasound on Friday and the technician said that she could still see "a little something".  
I have my follow up appointment with my doctor on Thursday to discuss.

The symptoms that I have had are:
Pain (mostly dull, sometime sharp) on the right side and ocassionally on the left side
Bloating
Tiredness (some times extreme fatigue)
Some heartburn
Some diarhea

I also mid year last year started having high blood pressure that I am not sure if it is related.  I stopped taking birth control pills at that time.

Also, I have had some blood work where my FSH was very low.

Anyone have a similar situation?

Thanks.
Theresa
I have seen where some of our women have the odd periods.  Your other symptoms are all typical of ovarian cysts.  Your FSH is likely contributing to the period issues.  Glad you are heading to the doctor.  Please let us know your next steps.