Ovarian Cysts Community

Ruptured Cyst/Ovarian Abscess

Hello everyone. I have had a really rough time this past month (actually about a month and a week at this point) that's has included 3 ER visits and several different tests. I won't go into all of the details but basically after almost a month of stomach pain, nausea, loss of appetite, fatigue, etc. it was discovered by way of CT scan and transvaginal ultrasound that I have an abscess on my right ovary due to a ruptured ovarian cyst. They put me on a seven day cycle of two strong antibiotics and said I should be feeling better within a few days. The thing is tomorrow will be my last day of being on the antibiotics and I'm still not feeling great. I still get nauseous all the time, still very fatigued, have no appetite at all. I've lost about 15 pounds from eating very little. Nothing is appetizing to me and usually even the thought of food makes me want to throw up. I've been trying to force myself to eat but can usually only make it through a few bites. I also still get abdominal pain from time to time. (Daily, but not constant.) What's confusing me about that is that it's more around my belly button and sometimes upper abdomen where I'm experiencing the pain. Could all of these symptons really be the cause of this ovarian infection/ruptured cyst? I have a follow up appointment with an OBGYN next week to make sure the abscess is going down and things are clearing up and I also have an appointment when a Gastroenterologist next week because I intially thought my problem was GI related. I was actually very surprised to learn of the cyst and ovary problems. Does anybody have any experience with ovarian infections or have similar symptons as me? This is getting frustrating and depressing because I just want to feel better and go back to life as normal. It's been over a month since I've gone a day without feeling nauseated and since I've had normal eating habits. I've been so stressed out over this. Any input is welcome.
I also thought my problems were GI related and was shocked when I found out I had an 11 cm cyst!  However, mine did not rupture, so I can't comment on what is normal for that.  I will say, though, that a lot of my post surgery pain was up near my belly button.  It sounds as though this is all related to me.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  Hope all goes well.  Let me know what you find out!

Kristin
Thank you for your response! I'm sorry that you had to go thru this too but it's comforting to know that I'm not alone! Hope you are doing well. :)

Amie