Aa
A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cysts Community
6.07k Members

Ruptured Ovarian Cyst Hemorrhage

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, I feel like I need a place to talk where other people understand. Three weeks ago I fainted and urinated in my school bookstore where I was a grad student, and then about two weeks ago I had bad pressure and pain in my abdomen after sex but figured it was a UTI (which I get often). I woke up the next morning in the worst pain I have ever felt and fainted on the bathroom floor before my boyfriend drove me to the hospital. Turns out my belly was full of blood and I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured and was bleeding. My hemoglobin dropped down as low as 7.2 before stabilizing. I was in the hospital 4 days and could not lay down for any of those, I had to be sitting to minimize the pain. Worse than the belly pain though was a referred shoulder and chest pain, which is what I can't seem to shake. I am fatigued and have headaches which I assume is from the blood loss, but has anyone else experienced this extreme referred pain?

Also, has anyone found that they do faint randomly with cysts? I heard from someone that it happens to them but I was wondering if it's common. I felt fine and then within about 30 seconds I didn't feel good and hit the ground. I would really appreciate any advice you have!
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Shoulder pain is most likely due to irritation of the diaphragm due to ruptured ovarian cyst but it is better to get an urgent evaluation done from a gynecologist/ surgeon as other causes like peritonitis, pancreatitis etc need to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.