Ovarian Cysts Community

Ruptured Ovarian Cyst Hemorrhage

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, I feel like I need a place to talk where other people understand. Three weeks ago I fainted and urinated in my school bookstore where I was a grad student, and then about two weeks ago I had bad pressure and pain in my abdomen after sex but figured it was a UTI (which I get often). I woke up the next morning in the worst pain I have ever felt and fainted on the bathroom floor before my boyfriend drove me to the hospital. Turns out my belly was full of blood and I had an ovarian cyst that ruptured and was bleeding. My hemoglobin dropped down as low as 7.2 before stabilizing. I was in the hospital 4 days and could not lay down for any of those, I had to be sitting to minimize the pain. Worse than the belly pain though was a referred shoulder and chest pain, which is what I can't seem to shake. I am fatigued and have headaches which I assume is from the blood loss, but has anyone else experienced this extreme referred pain?

Also, has anyone found that they do faint randomly with cysts? I heard from someone that it happens to them but I was wondering if it's common. I felt fine and then within about 30 seconds I didn't feel good and hit the ground. I would really appreciate any advice you have!
Shoulder pain is most likely due to irritation of the diaphragm due to ruptured ovarian cyst but it is better to get an urgent evaluation done from a gynecologist/ surgeon as other causes like peritonitis, pancreatitis etc need to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.