So nervous !!! HELP

Treated for sciatica and felt unusual belly bloat and right side pain . Dr thought he felt a cyst and sent me for an ultrasound . I'm 62 and healthy . Should I be concerned if cancer ? Thanks
COMMUNITY LEADER
Ovarian cancer is rare. A woman's lifetime risk is less then 2% (1.3% per U.S. SEER / cancer statistics). Benign (non-cancerous) ovarian cysts are actually more common in post-menopausal women than most people (even doctors) realize. Most cysts resolve on their own in a few months or so. This website may be helpful to you - http://ovaryresearch.com/ovarian_cysts.htm.

Let us know what you find out. Hopefully, it's nothing of concern.

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cysts Community