Ovarian Cysts Community
6.01k Members

Ultrasound showed a suspicious hydrosalpinx or a paratubal cyst?

I had an IUD put in and went back to have ultrasound to check placement...it was dislodged and there was a suspicion of a hydrosalpinx but have been tested for STD and was negative....never had any symptoms of infection.  I went in for a second opinion and this Dr. confirmed the Fallopian tube seemed enlarged but it could be paratubal cysts which she said are on 15 % of the population but wouldn't know which of the two it is without a laparoscopic look under general anthsthesia . Are there anymore opinions of how to get a hydrosalpinx with no signs of infection?  I know it is possible to get during an IUD placment but still would make more sense if there had been signs of infection.. The rest of the ultrasound was normal...normal size uterus , normal ovaries
1 Responses
I had a paratubal cyst & it showed up as an ovarian cyst. It was the most painful thing when it twisted and I lost my left ovary & tube, mine was 10 cm. If yours is anywhere close to my size, PLEASE get it out! Don’t wait like me !
1 Comments
It showed up as an ovarian cyst on ultrasound to my obgyn, she didn’t know what it was til she actually went in laparoscopically. It was , terrifying but I’m okay now
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Ovarian Cysts Community
6.01k Members
8.72k Questions
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.