Aa
A
A
Close

Ultrasound showed a suspicious hydrosalpinx or a paratubal cyst?

I had an IUD put in and went back to have ultrasound to check placement...it was dislodged and there was a suspicion of a hydrosalpinx but have been tested for STD and was negative....never had any symptoms of infection.  I went in for a second opinion and this Dr. confirmed the Fallopian tube seemed enlarged but it could be paratubal cysts which she said are on 15 % of the population but wouldn't know which of the two it is without a laparoscopic look under general anthsthesia . Are there anymore opinions of how to get a hydrosalpinx with no signs of infection?  I know it is possible to get during an IUD placment but still would make more sense if there had been signs of infection.. The rest of the ultrasound was normal...normal size uterus , normal ovaries
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I had a paratubal cyst & it showed up as an ovarian cyst. It was the most painful thing when it twisted and I lost my left ovary & tube, mine was 10 cm. If yours is anywhere close to my size, PLEASE get it out! Don’t wait like me !
Comment
Cancel
Comment
It showed up as an ovarian cyst on ultrasound to my obgyn, she didn’t know what it was til she actually went in laparoscopically. It was , terrifying but I’m okay now
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
Top Women's Health Answerers
Blank
363281 tn?1353103243
Blank
Nelson, New Zealand