Very low abdominal pain
Hello!

I am 25 years old, female, no children, no history of gynaecological problems/procedures. I am of normal weight, sexual active (stable relationship) and I am not on birth control. My periods are regular, of medium flow and causing me little/moderate pain. I have suspected IBS (the constipated type) and I am a quite stressful person.

Here's my problem. In the last 2 years I've had a weird "pulling/piercing" sensation in my central/rightish lower abdomen every once in a while. It wasn't constant, it felt like a sharp (but not too painful) pulling sensation when I worked out/ ran/had to have a bowel movement. It only occured once or twice a month, usually around my ovulation and sometimes i didn't feel it at all. I had an ultrasound about a year and a half ago and everything (ovaries, uterus etc) was fine. No cysts, nothing to worry about.

My doctor dismissed the "pain" as IBS.

In the last 2 months, this pain has become definitely more frequent and slightly more intense. It is definitely NOT constant. I SOMETIMES feel this pulling sensation when i have to go to the toilet, when i have to pass gas, when i run fast, when i jump up, when i do sit-ups etc. It feels like a side stitch, only it doesn't occur on my side, it occurs very very low in my abdomen, a bit above my pubic bone. It is centrally located and slightly to the right.

The weird thing is that it doesn't have a pattern. It doesn't occur EVERY time I do those things and it doesn't always feel the same. I may get a twitch of pain 3 times a day when I jump up from my chair and only have it last for a split second or I may get a pulling/cramping sensation on the same spot for 10 minutes when I am gassy or when i am struggling for a bowel movement. The pain is NOT excruciating, just annoying. Oddly enough, the pain feels slightly muscular and not deep.

An ultrasound will shed some light but i have no insurance at the moment so my appointment and ultrasound are scheduled for March.

I tried to describe the pain to my ob over the phone and he says that it could be anything, from an ovarian cyst to a hernia and from pregnancy to a IBS!

I have tried to pinpoint the pain using blue paint. The light blue part shows the exact location of the "twitch" that lasts for a split second. The dark blue colour indicates the cramp I occasionally feel when i strain.

Does this sound like ovarian pain, bowel pain or hernia?

I am worried to death.

What do you think it could be? What does it sound like to you? Has anyone had a similar feeling?