Ovarian Cysts Community

difference between dermoid and fibroid

What is the difference between Fibroid and Dermoid? Anyone can help me in knowing this?
Here is my unmedical definition.  A fibroid is just a bunch of tissue that can grow in your uterus. They are extremely common in women and are only problematic when they get too large or if they cause heavy bleeding with your periods.  A dermoid cyst grows on your ovary and can contain human tissue (it is not a pregnancy).  The health pages (top right) have some excellent information on types of cysts that you might find helpful.