free fluid / ovarian cyst

I have recently had a ultrasound because my iud was not visible,and to my surprise i got a letter from the hospital that my ovary had a small cyst and some free fluid.Imediately i was scared, i am 30 yrs old wity 2 children and its a possibility i can have ovarian cancer.
Hi there,
First off, don't panic. Most women have cysts. It is a normal part of menstruation. Also some free fluid is absolutely normal. Did the letter say what type of cyst it is? Most cysts resolve themselves after a cycle or two. Even if it doesn't, 95% of all cysts are benign. Depending on what type it is will determine what they do next. Most of the time it is the watchful waiting approach. Again this is absolutely normal. Are you having any symptoms from the cyst?
Let us know
Laney
Hi, laney.Very grateful for the informatoin you gave me.As for pain i do get pain in my lower left abdomin,but would often think it was the iud.I will be setting up an appointment with my doctor monday morning to lmake sure its not that serious.hopefully.

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cysts Community