Ovarian Cysts Community

ovarian cysts

I had an ultrasound done on my right ovary, can you please explain these below results? Also should I be worried about my ovary size because the normal size is 1.5 cm?
findings: the right ovary is enlarged measuring 7.6 x 4.4 x 3.7 cm with a relatively large right ovarian probable simple cyst measuring 4.1 x 4.1 x 4.2 cm with a contiguous complex cyst possibly a hemorrhagic cyst measuring 3.2 x 3.1 x 4.1 cm
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm sorry no one responded... I thought I had but evidently did not. Most ovarian cysts are benign (non-cancerous) and resolve on their own in about 3 months. If they don't resolve and you end up needing surgery, you shouldn't need to lose your ovary if the cysts are benign (as shown by frozen section) and you have a surgeon with good cystectomy (cyst removal) skills. Unfortunately, far too many women lose ovaries when all that should be removed are the cyst(s)

Is your doctor just monitoring you for now?