Ovarian Cysts Community

ovary/fallopian tube removal recovery?

Howdy all! I have been emailing my doctor like mad, and am still not getting replies so I figured this place is worth a shot! Monday, November 25 I got laparoscopic surgery for a benign tumor on my left ovary, my second time since last November. They ended up removing my entire ovary and some of the fallopian tube. I have a few questions about the recovery.
1) Instead of doing stitches like last time they did that clear stuff, will is just come off as time goes on?
2) How long am I on pelvic rest for? When is it safe to start having sex again?
3) The side where the actual ovary was removed is still swollen, is that normal after a week and a half?
4) Are there any limits on how long is safe to be walking for? I usually am power walking for 35 - 40 minutes a day, is it safe to continue that yet?
An oopherectomy by open surgery requires three to six weeks for full recovery. However, if performed laparoscopically, the recovery time can be much shorter. You can start walking after the third day but exercising and brisk walking should be avoided for 4-6 weeks to give sufficient time for recovery. Other than that, you should be able to have sex when you are able to return to work and full physical activity.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.