Ovarian Cysts Community

pelvic mass what to do/ask

had partial hysterectomy 5 years ago, due to massive periods, since then I have had pain under right ribcage for three years (comes and goes always tender), Dr. did ultra sound of that area but never investigated further, problem with bowels since surgery (can't go),  roughly 3 years high blood pressure (even after losing 30 lbs now 160), GERD,  recently (last year back pain, lower back) and right hip hurts when bearing weight, now OB/GYN found mass, ultrasound report said left ovary normal, couldn't find right ovary, mass where right would be measuring " 15cm x 10cm x 13cm, septation separation from bladder, no free fluid. CA125 was 6.1".  Had a history when in my 20's (48 now)  of cysts but Military Dr, said nothing to worry about because they were removed when I had my period? Family history of (immediate family) prostate cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, along with long family history(one side of family) of strokes.Have appointment in few days with a Gyn Oncology what should I expect? What questions should I ask? Could all the other things be related?
Normal values of CA 125 range from 0 to 35 (U/mL). In your case it is normal but if a mass is found then it can either be an ovarian mass like ovarian cancer or cyst or a GI mass. I suggest you to get it further evaluated and get a CT scan abdomen done. If need arises a diagnostic laparascopy can also be done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Got a second opinion today.  They have scheduled me for preop test Thursday surgery Fri morning.  I have to decide whether to keep the left ovaries , I am worried about if whatever caused my body to do this will decide to attack the next one. I can't do this surgery twice!  If they find something when they test it will they wait til this heals or if needed can they go back in before I heal so don't go thru it twice? What is menopause like?  Do you know anyone who took the hormones?  Side effects?  I would appreciate any experience or advice that I can use to balance my decision.  I tried to postpone surgery but they said it needed to be soon not in two weeks.  
Mass was removed, benign tumor, 7 days after home kept mammogram appointment, today received letter from imaging department saying that something was seen that required further testing that these things are usually benign but to contact the primary care Dr. To schedule further testing immediately.  I am wondering if the two could be related somehow?  Is there any articles or subjects (that speak in layman's terms) I can read to try to understand what is going on with my body?  There is long family history of breast/prostrate, lung, bone cancer, strokes (that's all just one parent, plus the aunts, uncle avoided stroke), other parent skin cancer, colon cancer that transferred to liver, fatal.  

When I heard benign tumor my mind thinks OK benign, no big deal, one time problem take it out your done,kind of like a benign tumor is an entirely separate species from  cancer tumor, however this letter has got me wondering if there is connection, more benign tumors and can benign tumors change?