Aa
A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cysts Community
6.09k Members

what is Cervical polyp& Anechoic cyst?

Hi,iam 46 yrs, i was recently diagnosed with multiple tiny anechoic cystic spaces noted in the cervix continuous with the endometrial lining of the uterus-?Cervical polyp.Right ovary not visualised-?Atrophic.No abnormal cyst/mass noted in right adnexa. Left ovary measures-14x9mm.No free fluid noted in cul-de-sac.My  GYN says it is Cervical polyp &suggested me undergo D&C.Can anyone tell me  is it necessary or  it can be cured by any oral medication?
1 Responses
The good news is that your conditions are likely benign.  Cervical polyps are usually benign, but the usual treatment is surgical removal.  I don't know of any oral medication that can heal them.  Anechoic cysts are fluid filled which is a good sign in terms of malignancy.  It is an ultrasound term that basically means they appear fluid-filled rather than complex or solid.  I think you should follow your doctors advice and get the D&C.  This is what I would do if I were faced with your condition.  If you still feel uneasy, a second opinion never hurts!  But, oral medication will not likely help you with these issues!

Best Wishes,

Shelly
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.