I can't go to school?
It's not that I won't, I physically and mentally can't, but nobody seems to understand that and forces me to go - which merely results in sitting in the bathroom crying. I suspect this is a side-effect of my PTSD, I have severe PTSD from traumatic experiences, some of which I still go through on the daily. I'll mentally collapse in the halls and shut down, the number of people is overwhelming. I'm afraid I'm not getting a proper education. on average I currently go to school once, for a few hours, every few weeks. Has anyone gone through this and help me? I'm having so many panic attacks because I feel like I'm not going to get a proper education, but it dreads me to go to school so much that I forget all my fears and lock myself in the bathroom all day. Please help!
PTSD can be a brutal thing. it is extreme fear and flashbacks nightmares etc I did not improve until I added meds for anxiety attacks also and yes I feel like nobody understands but I added group therapy and realized I was not alone hope this helps :)
Thanks, I've started on sertraline, and while it worsens nightmares it is improving my overall mental health during the daytime.
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles at home and at school. Have you talked to the Guidance Counseling about this? I think that's the first thing you need to do. You need to have someone understand what you're going through. Perhaps there's another type of school that you'd be more comfortable in. Have you seen or are you seeing a therapist? Are you on medication?
Have u thought of doing online school they will or should give u a laptop so u can do school at home