Aa
A
A
Close
I think I have PTSD but idk ???
When I was younger(about 10 years old) I went swimming and got stranded out into the deeper water. I have breathing problems so I can't hold my breath and I have to plug my nose with my fingers, so when I swim it can only really be one-handed. The problem was the beach we were at had gigantic waves and since I can't swim underwater very well, I was pretty much stuck. I started freaking out and had a pretty bad panic attack and almost drowned when I tried going back in. Ever since then I've been afraid of going into the ocean(more specifically waves), it doesn't matter how small the waves are I can't handle it. I have a tough time swimming everywhere now, when I'm in pools or lakes just the fact I'm in water causes me to recount that memory and causes me to freak out. I even get uncomfortable reading about people getting hurt/dying at the beach because all I can think about is that memory. I've occasionally had nightmares about it. So idk I think it might be but I'm not sure
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
675718 tn?1449992146
high surf ? or low tide
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community Resources
Top Anxiety Answerers
675718 tn?1449992146
Blank
El Paso, TX