PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
752 Members

child's ptsd

I have a son who is four years old and suffers from PTSD, ADHD, ODD, and severe anxiety.  We have a therspist who comes in 3 times a week.  He has been taking 40-50 mg of melatonin at night to sleep and that has quit working.  I'm afraid to give him more than that.  Also, I have been rreading about other medications.  Would Vistiril help to relieve some of his behavior problems.  Are there other medications that would work better?
I took vistaril it was for anxiety made my mouth dry lol but everyone else responds diffrerently ok I have PTSD from combat since '94 I still have it :)
Just curious, how does a four year of have PTSD? From what?

And why the rush to medicate him for these things? Have you considered the harder work like therapy and education my dear?
they have group therapy for this