Pain Management Community

knee problems and lump

hi I have had a lump on the side of my right knee now for two weeks its very painful to the point I can barely walk on my right leg and the lump has gotten bigger what should I do or what is it?
It could be a lot of things. I would go right away to your PCP and find out what's going on. Being in pain, and not being able to walk is a very serious problem(s) to have. Let us know how you make out.
          shinty

I agree with Shinty's suggestions. I would definitely make an appointment
with your family doctor asap especially as the lump is getting bigger.
You don't mention how old you are. No matter. Perhaps a friend can
go with you to the doctor's appointment. I wish you well. Eve
My husband had this problem. In his case it turned out to be fluid build-up. He had it drained a few times but it kept coming back, it turned out he ended up having a meniscus tear or something like that. After the doc did an arthroscopic surgery on it, it was gone and hasn't returned. Not saying this is what will happen to you, but definitely make an appointment as soon as possible with your doctor. Keep us updated! Good luck to you!
Hi by the way I am 30 yr old female
and I finally went to the doctor like you guys suggested it turns out my joint is inflamed and I lost all cartilage in my knee so I am looking at surgery
Sorry your going to need surgery, but at least you know whats wrong now. Hopefully they'll be able to do it arthroscopically (sp?) and the recovery time should be a little easier AND it will get rid of that lump. Good luck to you.
I've had both knees replaced. My right one was done about a year ago. That leg has a lump on the side of it and it's hard . I'm 54