Best generic methadone

He everyone I'm new on here I just switched from fentanyl to methadone and I was wondering which generic was the best, when it came to my fentanyl Duragesic was far and away the best, just trying to get the biggest bang for my buck
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This is a forum for folks trying to get and stay off drugs. Myself, I detoxed off methadone 19 months ago and would never recommend it unless all other avenues have been exhausted or with continual relapses. And if I WERE to recommend it, I would never tell anyone "hey, get this brand because you get more bang for your buck".

But...if you find yourself in the future wanting to get off all these meds, I WOULD certainly recommend coming back here. We all love to see ppl succeed and get clean. :) Best of luck to you.
Helpful - 0
Oh no I take it for chronic pain almost losty leg 6 surgeries if meant which was the cheapest haven't had a drink or drug other than what's presides in 8 years I take it very seriously methadone is a great pain killer and the safest thing for someone who has addiction in their past/present and future compared to all the others I'm in counseling still, have a pain contract still on physical therapy a year later I almost died, and I'm alive and have my leg and I take addiction very seriously I'm new on here and meant the post for the chroni pain section
Helpful - 0
Hi  unless you abuse it there is no euphoric feeling from methadone and abusing it can get deadly fast  I would opp for something else  when the time comes that you cant have sex you will think about getting off of it the detox is ruff and recovery time long I was originally dosed at a pain management clinic but got throw out because I would take the epidural shots  I tried several pain centers but no one took people on methadone so out of desperation I would up at the methadone clinic
Helpful - 0
I believe there's some misinformation being passed here.

This is a forum for people in pain. We do best with those who are diagnosed with the disease called chronic pain. Occasionally, we help those in acute pain, and sometimes we can help with other diseases, like opiate addiction, but we're here to help those in pain, even if their doctor prescribes opioid analgesics as one of their treatments.

There are other forums on MedHelp that deal solely with drug addiction. This isn't one of them.

Personally, I never found any brand of methadone different from another. I recall receiving meds from Roxanne. and maybe one or two others, but recall their names. It's been 4 years since I've rotated off methadone,  so can't help you here, but you are welcome to return with questions about pain and pain treatments, without worrying about first passing a urine screening.

Best wishes.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community