Pain Management Community

Bursitis? Or Not?

I have had bad hip pain in both my hips for years now. The doctors keep saying its bursitis after they take xrays and see nothing. I have had shots in my hips twice.. and it hasnt helped! This last time they did the shot the paint got worse! Could they be wrong about it being bursitis?
My mom went through something similar.  Finally she went back because the shots didn't work and all of a sudden she had arthritis after all and they replaced her hip.  She got through physical therapy and wsa doing great until she fell onto her hand and broke her hand, wrist and knee cap.  Why did she fall?  She wore flip flops to her last physical therapy session because it was in the pool.  The kneecap is doing well but that was a bad wrist fracture.  
wow!! Everyone tells me im going need new hips.. my boyfriends days im gonna be an andriod lol.  I guess ill just have to keep going back until they realize its something more