Can I be cut off from all pain Management's

My pain management doctor prescribe me fentanyl patches in October of last year I had it accidental overdose when I went to him at my next appointment he says he would no longer be my Dr is there any way I can get help from another pain management doctor I have chronic pain I've suffered with this for years I need help
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
How did you have an accidental overdose?
It is possible, depending on how the overdose occurred that you could be dismissed.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
As far as getting a new doctor goes, it depends on how the overdose happened, and what other problems there may have been...
I would strongly suggest you talk to your primary about how to plan to taper off the fentanyl patches before you are down to the last one. You don't want to find yourself with the last patch and no way of managing any withdrawal symptoms or way to continue to manage your pain.
Most pm doctors require a referral, and don't prescribe pain meds on the first visit.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community