Pain Management Community

DOING OK

NOW THE DR ORDERED AN MRI OF BACK AND HIP, SHE ORDERED THE VICODIN, NAPROXAN I TO 2 TIMES A DAY, AND PREDNISONE, 6 A DAY FOR 5 DAYS THEN 4 THEN 2  AND ONDOWN ,FOR A TOTAL OF 12 DAYS.  PAIN IS STILL THERE,  ESPECIALLY WHEN I SIT OR LAY  FOR TOO LONG, OR GO FOR A LONG DRIVE.  MAYBE ITS A SCIATICA PROBLEM ? OR A PINCHED NERVE? I DO HAVE SPINAL STENOSIS, AND SOME TYPE OF ARTHRITIS.   ANYWAY, GOT TO GO TAKE MY MEDICINE WITH SOME FOOD.
Glad to hear your doing good:)
Hell Pate,

Thanks for keeping us informed. I am glad that your physician is being proactive and trying to get to the bottom of your pain issues.

Spinal stenosis may be causing your sciatica. You could have some nerve entrapment due to the stenosis. I have a very similar pain (sciatic) with similar symptoms, can't drive very long, sit or stand any amount of time either. I have SIJ Dysfunction. SIJ's do not show up on MRI's. So my suggestion to you is hang in there and don't you give up until your PCP is able to find a reason for your symptoms.

The prednisone alone should make a difference in your pain level. I wish you the very best. Please continue to let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your updates. Peace, Tuck