Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

EVIL DOCTOR GIVES ME ULTIMATUM

Any worthy PMP in or around San Marcos ,TX?  Austin, is 45 min away., I had to leave my last excuse for a PMP when he was old me he would withhold my scripts unless I submitted to in office INJECTIONS of a( healthy joint) my shoulder. Been A month and a half. Just dreading the process and was hoping someone here could save me time and money and share any docs they know to be compassionate or at least not money HUNGRY enough to  violate my healthy joints with unnecessary procedures.

2 Responses
547368 tn?1440541785
Hi Froggymama,

Welcome to our Pain Management Community. I'm glad you found us and posted - but sorry about your situation.

I hear you - I had one of those "Shot Jocks" as I've heard them called. I was in a very similar situation - only he insisted he was inserting a SCS when four other physicians had said absolutely not. PMPs make great money off injections and devices. Wonderful, if they are appropriate or effective. It's not either for me - and it sounds like the same is true for you.

I'm sorry I can't help you with a name of a good PMP in that area. I can help in a few other areas of the US - but not yours. Again sorry. Hopefully one of our members will have a suggestion.

I use the internet. Look for PMP that have an example of their pain contract on line - and actually state they RX opiates . If they sites only says Interventional Medicine -  be weary - they are Shot Jocks.

Please keep in touch and let us know how your search goes - and how you are doing.

Good Luck,
~Tuck
7721494 tn?1431627964
Search for the credentials DABPM or look for diplomates from the American Board of Pain Management.

Although these docs have interventional training, they also train areas of chronic pain and the use of opioids in its treatment.

Look for associations with the AAPM (American Academy of Pain Medicine) and the APS (American Pain Society), and not ASISP (American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians).

Also, look for opioid treatment contracts on their website. Look for medication management as part of their therapeutic practice.

And stay Froggy!
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community

Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches