Pain Management Community

Failed test at pain clinic

I have been a patient at this clinic for 2+ years and never had any failed tests. Prior to that my family Dr was doing her best and I was with her for 5 years and no failed tests. They said I had 136 nanograms of Morphine in my system and honestly I have never taken anything not prescribed to me. If I indeed did take the Morphine I would’ve owned up to it. I rely on these prescriptions to keep me functioning and employed. This is not good and I’m obviously scared
COMMUNITY LEADER
Chuck, what type of meds do you take? What type of testing was done? Gas chromatography/mass spec looks specifically at the metabolites of a medication and levels of them. In office screens however can cause false negatives and positives, depending on the type of screen done. These are usually sent out for confirmation and specific levels.