Pain Management Community

Fibromyalgia

My husband has been complaining of pain in his joints for some time. It was thought to have been caused by having Back Surgery. However, he cant' sleep at night, its up and down constantly. Even sleep walking or sitting up sleeping. When walking you can see the pain on his face. If he doesn't have something to lean on ie. shopping cart etc. forget walking. The pain is excruciating. He is on meds' for his back issues' oxy's and endocet however this doesn't seem to touch the pain area in his joints other than his back. He has had severe weight gain, tingling in fingers', hands etc. Often complains of headache. The pain killers' hes' on just dont' work on all of these points I have listed. He could sleep 24/7 if you let him. He will sit at the pc and fall asleep. Could it be that some nerve is again relevant to his pain or are these actual signs' of fibromyalgia. I would love to help him. I myself have back issues' which I was supposed to have operated on (didn't) but I myself dont' have the symptoms he does. Other than my legs going numb and some joint pain, however I also have psoratic arthritis and psoriasis which I use Hemura for and it works for me for the most part. Any suggestions, help would be so greatly appreciated.

Welome! Has your husband seen a Rhuematoligist? Fibro isn't an easy one to diagnose and can accompany other things. I have been diagnosed with it and what you are describing sounds familiar. I would suggest that next. Things that help me are medications for sleep (Ambien), heat, showers, walks, and therapy. I also take Cymbalta, although I don't think that helps much. I used to have daily headaches too. He may be having those as rebound from his pain meds, or they may be related to his condition. They put me on Topomax and since then they have all but disappeared! It has also helped me lose a lot of weight since it curbs your appetite. I still have the occasional migraine, but that is hormonal.

I should mention that I am not a doctor. Just sharing my own experiences! :)

Good luck and I hope your hubby finds some answers soon!

Kat